Buffalo Service Credit Union is offering A Chance to Win Scholarships
OCU is offering college-bound high school seniors the opportunity to compete for statewide college scholarships in partnership with the New York Credit Union Association (NYCUA).
The New York Credit Union Association’s statewide credit union college scholarship program provides credit union members with an opportunity to win scholarships. In 2021, scholarships awarded ranged from $250 to $1,750.
In Addition to the NYCUA Scholarship, OCU is Offering an Additional Scholarship
In addition to the state scholarship, Buffalo Service Credit Union will award its own Scholarship of $500 to the two top scoring applicants that did not win the NYCUA Scholarship. To be eligible, students must be high school seniors attending two- or four-year accredited educational institutions for the first time in the fall of 2022. They must also be members of OCU.
Students/applicants will be competing against other credit union members from across the state. Applicants will be judged based upon academic achievements, extracurricular and community activities, and the quality of written essays. Last year, the New York Credit Union Association awarded $30,000 in scholarships to 48 students through the program. In addition, OCU awarded $500 to two OCU applicants.
2022 Statewide College Scholarship Program Instructions
Thank you for your interest in our scholarship program, offered in partnership with the New York Credit Union Association. Please review the following instructions carefully before completing your application.
Note: You must be a member of Buffalo Service Credit Union to apply for a college scholarship through this program. If you are not currently a member, please call us at (716) 842-1320 to learn how to join.
- Complete and save the scholarship application form here. Please use only the space provided on the form to answer the questions. Other than where specified on the application form, no attachments, resumes, pictures, or other materials of any kind should be submitted or used to answer the questions.
- You and your parent or guardian must sign the Certification and Release Authorization on the back page of the application form.
- You must obtain a credit union verification code from your credit union in order to verify eligibility. You can obtain this code by calling (716) 842-1320.
Submit your application online here by January 7, 2022, along with:
- a high school transcript documenting your GPA for grades 9-11;
- an SAT/PSAT/ACT transcript; and
- an essay response.
If any portion is incomplete or not included, the application will not be considered.
Please save and upload the documents as three separate files:
- Scholarship Application
- High School Transcript and SAT/PSAT/ACT scores
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at (716) 842-1320. Winner notifications will be sent in May 2022. Good luck and we look forward to receiving your application!